Sunday, July 08, 2007

He Must Be Kidding

I have no idea who Ronald Bergan is and I had never heard of him until my uncle sent me a link to an article titled "Dumb Hollywood is forever in debt to Europe" which has its merits and states the obvious but is highly flawed. And how do I know this? Because he actually wrote this line and didn't mean it as a joke "The only American-born film directors that truly belong in the Film Pantheon are John Ford, Howard Hawks and Orson Welles." My first reaction was to laugh because immediately the names John Huston and Stanley Kubrick popped in my head in about a second or two. I won't even mention that Scorsese fellow because that would be too easy and too obvious as well. I could probably make a case for a few more also but we'll just leave it right there for now.

You don't have to tell me or anyone else how bad Hollywood is and has been but old Ronnie goes a little too far.

Labels: