Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jonah Goldberg - Just Another Neocon, Who Absolutely & Completely Got It Wrong Before & Always Will


"Goldberg told E&P yesterday he offered the 2005 wager "in a foolish fit of pique with Cole. ... Cole refused to take the bet. ... [Now] it seems that his fans want it both ways. They want to extol Cole as a prince for not accepting the bet, but they want me to be held accountable to it even though he never agreed to it."

The columnist added: "I will undoubtedly give more money to the USO and to similar charities in the future, as I have done in the past. ... Intellectual honesty requires that I admit that Cole would have won had he taken the bet. I have done that. ... When I give to charity ... I will do it privately which is at it should be."

Goldberg also said yesterday: "I've written that the Iraq War was a mistake. ... I join a long list of people whose expectations about the war and its handling turned out to be wrong in whole or in part. ... For the record, I still support staying there, because even if it was a mistake to go in when and how we did, that doesn't mean a precipitous withdrawal will make things better."

Read more about Goldberg's insanity here.

Naturally, Jonah has no idea what we would like him to be accountable for. In his mind it is the money, but then, that is not hard to understand from a conservative.

What I don't understand is why Jonah isn't over there helping "make things better" himself. He appears to be of the age to join the Army or Marines. They need all the help they can get.