Saturday, August 05, 2006

Arthur Lee - R.I.P.



Here is an old clip of the original group Love doing My Little Red Book on television in the mid 1960's. I had no idea Arthur Lee,the brilliant former lead singer and songwriter of Love had leukemia and was very surprised to learn he had died. The first three Love albums are great, the first self titled album Love, Da Capo and Forever Changes are all highly recommended. I went over to amazon.com to check on the records and surprise, surprise they are suddenly selling. Yesterday they had no sales rank and now while looking at them they are going up, Forever Changes was #60 and now it is at #47. I just don't understand why people decide to buy an artist's albums after they have died and not while they are alive.

It is kind of weird that Arthur died so close to Syd Barret.