Monday, July 24, 2006

Tom Friedman Is A "Free Market" Propagandist

"We got this free market, and I admit, I was speaking out in Minnesota--my hometown, in fact, and guy stood up in the audience, said, `Mr. Friedman, is there any free trade agreement you'd oppose?' I said, `No, absolutely not.' I said, `You know what, sir? I wrote a column supporting the CAFTA, the Caribbean Free Trade initiative. I didn't even know what was in it. I just knew two words: free trade."

This quote tells you all you need to know about Thomas Friedman of the NY Times. He essentially is a fundamentalist, except his religion is the "free market" as it is called, which as most sentient beings know is really just corporations getting trade agreements that work for them and not for the people or labor force as they would call it. Friedman is a sick joke and the joke is on all of us.

Read David Sirota's take on this here.