Wednesday, June 07, 2006

80's Video Clip Week: The Police - Synchronicity II



The Police in 1983 were the biggest band in the world with the very dark (for a hit record) Synchronicity dominating the charts and the band riding the wave of many hit singles, all very dark as well including the song for this video of Synchronicity II about suburban dissatisfaction and the grind of work, but especially the extremely misunderstood Every Breath You Take. Just like R.E.M.'s 1987 hit The One I Love this is only a love song if you didn't listen to the song and or you have a very twisted take on love. Personally I skip the song when I listen to the cd now just because I don't need to hear it ever again. It was beaten to death for me by 1984. I only saw The Police once at this show if your interested in reading about it.