Monday, March 06, 2006

Ryuichi Sakamoto & Iggy Pop - Risky



I have always loved Risky and it should have been a hit, in my humble opinion. Maybe someone should do a cover. Iggy does a great job of being the crooner on this track, I don't know if he was trying to do his version of Sinatra or just listening to some of his buddy David Bowie for inspiration, but it works. Built on a simple drum pattern with atmospheric keyboards and a little guitar this is a great late night ballad. Don't these guys look like the romantic type to you?


Born in a corporate dungeon
Where people are cheated of life
I knew I could never stay home
No
As you lie in the dark
With your pink dress on
You look risky lovely risky lovely
Child of the whispering skies
Risky that's your name.......


I saw a 12" vinyl version of this used a couple of months ago and now I wish I had bought it.

Buy it here.