Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mick LaSalle On The Oscar Nominations

Mick is one of the best film writers around and he has a brand new column on the Oscar nominations. I don't agree with everything he says, especially about the Chronicles Of Narnia which didn't do much for me, I think he nailed it on the head about Woody Allen who did a fantastic job of directing Match Point. I haven't seen Hustle & Flow which got great reviews and I believe it just came out on dvd which I will check out very soon. Cinderella Man is very good and for some strange reason they decided to put it out in the middle of the summer, which just destroyed it's chances no matter how great the reviews were. I also think Mick was right about Ed Harris in A History Of Violence he should have been nominated for best supporting actor.

Or if you prefer you could listen to a podcast here of Mick.