Thursday, December 01, 2005

Woody Allen Turns 70


Happy birthday Woody although I bet he is like me and doesn't really care about celebrating birthdays too much. What are you favorite films of his? My favorite is Crimes And Misdemeanors, I think it is the best thing he has ever done. I was blown away when I first saw it. Brilliant. I like Zelig, Hannah And Her Sisters also, although I haven't seen all of his films I have seen about 2/3 of them so I am no authority on his body of work. Manhattan really doesn't do anything for me, I recently saw it and had the same reaction as the first time. Annie Hall I enjoyed but it has been so long since I have seen it that I will have to watch it again. I notice some films you don't get as much until you get a little more years on you and then you see them again and its like a whole different world. Which isn't surprising.