Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Bauhaus - Near The Atmosphere Tour


Since I am going to see them tomorrow night I thought I would post a track from Bauhaus - Burning From The Inside which was their final album. I like this record very much, it is kind of all over the place musically, which is probably why I enjoy it and shows hints of the fracture in the band that eventually caused Peter Murphy to pursue a solo career and the rest of the group to form Love & Rockets a couple of years later. Apparently Peter Murphy was sick during part of the recording of this album which is why he only shows up on about half the tracks. Here is the light hearted ditty called Antonin Artaud for your pleasure. Peter sounds just fine on this cut. I just realized I didn't even mention they are supposed to be so very Goth. Which means there will be lots of head to toe black clothing and white skin at the concert I suppose.

Post concert note: There were not as many "Goths" at the concert as you might imagine, however there was a guy me and my friend Daniel called "The Count" who thought he was a vampire with his white face and the cape like thing he was wearing. But a vampire with a mustache and some other facial hair? Doesn't work but it is funny. Near where I was sitting there were a couple of Mothers with a teenage kid or two though. Concert was good except Pete's vocals were mixed a little too low.

Next concert is Depeche Mode in November with my wife Shirin and Echo & The Bunnymen in December with Daniel. My personal 80's deja vu tour continues!

Buy it here.